|Agency:||Department of the Air Force|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted:||Jun 12, 2018|
|Due:||Jul 16, 2018|
|Publication URL:||To access bid details, please log in.|
This sources sought notice is for informational purposes only in conducting market research. Air Force Space Command's 45 th and 30 th Space Wings (45 and 30 SW) will be competing its communication services to support a variety of internal and external customers with voice, data and video capabilities. The types of services required include, but are not limited to: Local Area Network, transport, storage, Information Assurance/Cybersecurity, telephone systems, Land Mobile Radio, Public Address/Aural Warning, antennas, Internet Protocol Television (see Section 3 below for more details). These services are critical to efficient and effective launch and administrative operations of the Eastern and Western Ranges. Responses to this announcement are needed to help inform acquisition planning and to identify capable sources.
To efficiently and effectively deliver the required services, it is anticipated that vendors will have the following:
? Experience and good past performance in delivering similar services (similar in terms of size, scope, and complexity)
? Staff with appropriate Secret and a limited number of Top Secret Clearances
? Experience maintaining communication systems and meeting or exceeding demands of an evolving and dynamic launch and range environment
? Experience delivering projects ahead or on-time and under budget
? Experience providing services in disparate locations while maintaining service levels
? Experience providing proactive recommendations for service improvement
This Sources Sought notice is seeking responses from businesses that can provide the required services under the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code 517919, All Other Telecommunications (which includes specialized telecommunication services, Voice over Internet Protocol, internet services, computer systems design, and radar station operations). This synopsis is encouraging responses from qualified and capable Small Businesses only. Responses from other than small businesses will not be reviewed. Small Businesses that are in or are considering Joint Ventures are encourage to respond to the source sought. The data obtained from this notice will assist the Government in understanding the capabilities available in communications services marketplace and aid in the development of a solicitation for 45 th and 30 th Space Wing communications services support.
TERMS OF THIS SOURCES SOUGHT :
The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this Sources Sought or reimburse any costs associated with the preparation of responses.
2. This Sources Sought is issued solely for informational and planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation.
3. All information received in response to this notice marked "Proprietary" will be handled accordingly.
4. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.
5. Responses to this Sources Sought will assist 45 and 30 SW in determining the potential level of interest, competition adequacy, and technical capabilities of industry respondents (specifically small businesses) to provide the required products and services.
6. 45 and 30 SW may also use this information to assist in developing any subsequent subcontract plans and small business goal percentages.
7. The Government may not respond to questions posed in Industry responses.
8. The Government does not guarantee any action beyond this notice.
9. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned.
10. Responses that are incomplete and/or not submitted per the Response Submission Instructions will not be reviewed.
SCOPE OF ANTICIPATED EFFORT
The scope of services required will involve all disciplines (including engineering) needed to execute maintenance, operations, and support services for legacy, evolving and new (prototype) systems. The Contractor will be responsible for voice, video, data and infrastructure systems within the 30 and 45 SW areas of responsibility (AOR) within the Eastern and Western Ranges (ER and WR, respectively). On the ER, the EWOCS contractor will be responsible for providing various operational communications services at Patrick AFB, CCAFS, and Geographically Separated Units (GSUs) at Malabar and Jonathan Dickinson Missile Tracking Annex (JDMTA) in FL. On the WR, the EWOCS contractor will be responsible for providing various operational communications services at Vandenberg AFB and GSUs at Pillar Point, Oak Mountain, and Point Mugu in CA. 45 and 30 SW conduct full spectrum communications and cyberspace operations including developing, integrating, and operating advanced communications capabilities in support of launching satellites into orbit, test launching ballistic missiles and tracking aircraft flight tests. The communications services involve continuous, real-time situational awareness including system status, asset utilization, activity and event data, and system performance information. Communications systems will be available on a continuous 24/7 basis and networked systems actively monitored. Availability of these communications systems is critical to meet the 45 and 30 SW missions.
This market research effort is aimed to provide the information detailed below. The information will be instrumental in providing the background needed to refine requirements and form a successful acquisition strategy:
Section 1 - Cover Letter . The cover letter shall include the following:
1. Company information - Include company name, 2 points of contact and contact information (name, address, phone number, website URL, if available, email address, and fax number), Cage Code, DUNS Number, and a short description of the company (history, experience in similar communication services activities, etc.).
2. Company business size with socioeconomic classification based on North American Industry Classification (NAICS) Code 517919, All Other Telecommunications.
3. Certifications - Include any certifications the company and/or key personnel hold including, but not limited to Program/Project Management Professional (PMP), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Helpdesk Institute.
4. Teaming is encouraged to ensure an effective solution. The respondent is encouraged to utilize small and disadvantaged businesses in its project team. Please provide similar information for any team members contemplated.
5. List GSA schedule and/or GWACs or IDIQs with corresponding schedule number/contract number.
Section 2 - Communications Services Management Expertise and Previous Experience
1. Describe your firm's experience in communication services and ITIL best practices.
Provide the organization's name, contract number and the dollar value of the contract.
2. The Government anticipates this requirement will consist of a base 90 day transition-in period prior to full performance start date of 1 October 2020, 1 year base period and six year option periods with a total contract value between $100M-$300M.
a. Identify your firm's experience in managing a communication services contract of similar size, scope, and magnitude of effort as a prime contractor.
b. How will your firm manage personnel and financial resources to perform as a prime contractor on a $100M-$300M contract that is anticipated to require approximately 150-250 cleared technical personnel?
Note: If the requirement is set aside for small business, the clause FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting, will be included in the contract. The clause requires that "At least 50 percent of the cost of the contract performance incurred for personnel shall be expended for employees of the concern."
3. Identify the largest communication services contract your firm has managed as a prime contractor. Please include the dollar value, scope, and magnitude of effort.
4. Will teaming be required?
5. Identify the Government-wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) and Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts on which your firm is a contract holder.
6. Please identify your firm's facility clearance, if any?
Section 3 -Capability Statement
The purpose of this section is for the respondent to provide information that will assist 45 and 30 SW with making a decision about how best to contract for the required products and services. More detail can be found in the draft EWOCS PWS. The applicable North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) is 517919 with a size standard of $32.5M. Your response should address, but not be limited to, the following:
a. Please recommend labor categories to be used for these requirements.
b. Briefly describe your experience in performing the work (to include design, installation, operation, maintenance, repair, and disposition) for communications systems required by the draft PWS task areas (please limit your response to 12 pages).
1) Voice: voice systems, telephone management systems and services, secure telephone services, personal wireless communication system, public address/aural warning/giant voice, and land mobile radio.
2) Data: classified and unclassified networks, transport systems, circuit management, data center, communications infrastructure, cable plant (inside, outside, installation, disposal), antenna maintenance, access control and alarm systems.
3) Video: closed circuit television, television distribution systems and services, video teleconferences, internet protocol television, visual imagery and intrusion detection systems and services.
4) Logistics services: providing management services for communication systems.
5) Engineering services: Engineering experience involving maintenance, operations and support services of communication systems. Provide IT engineering and technical services on all seven layers of the Open System Interconnect (OSI) model to include hands-on configuration.
6) Launch Operations Support: services involving all aspects of designing, developing, installing, training, operating, maintaining, configuring, sustaining, and evolving launch and range operations networks.
7) Information Assurance and Cybersecurity of communication systems.
8) Knowledge Ops: Be the focal point for providing base-level guidance/management of data, information and knowledge management activities. Perform a variety of communications and information management (IM) tasks and activities including staff support, publishing, records, administrative communications and workgroup management.
9) Program management for communications services and systems.
c. Section 508 Compliance: Please provide a brief description of how you plan to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
Section 4 - PWS Review . Identify areas within the draft PWS that may be unclear or where further detail would be useful. Include impacts to performance due to restrictive governing regulations (e.g., Air Force Instructions, Technical Orders, etc.) and how industry best practices would be used instead (this is excluded from the page limitation).
Section 5 - Suggested Training/Certifications per Subtask . Identify relevant training and certifications germane to the subtasks of the PWS.
This Sources sought notice is not a solicitation. This notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this notice that is marked "proprietary" will be handled accordingly. Responses to the Sources sought notice will not be returned. In accordance with FAR 15.201 (e), responses to this notice are not offerors and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this notice.
Although this is a Sources Sought notice only, interested parties or potential contractors must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) to be eligible for contract award or payment if the Government chooses to make an award. Information on registration and annual confirmation requirements may be obtained via http://www.sam.gov
RESPONSE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
The responses submitted shall be in sufficient detail and clarity to provide 45 and 30 SW with the information it needs. Responses to this sources sought notice shall meet the following standards:
?? Page Limitations
? Section 1 Cover Letter: One Page
? Section 2 Communications Services Management Expertise and Previous Experience: Five Pages
? Section 3 Capability Statement: 12 Pages
? Section 4 PWS Review: Unlimited
? Section 5 Suggested Training/Certifications: Unlimited
?? Text no smaller than 10 point.
?? Text included in graphics, tables, and figures can be no smaller than 9 point.
?? Limit any foldout pages to two per section.
?? Response shall use the attached Response Template with multilevel lists for Sections 1-3 to facilitate review. Restating the title/contents of the multilevel list is not necessary. Corporate Branding is allowed but the multilevel list layout must be adhered to as well as page limitations.
? If a cover page and table of contents are used they are not included in the total page count.
? Fully address Sections 1-5 as outlined above.
?? Responses that are incomplete and or do not follow these Response Submission Instructions will not be reviewed.
?? Please submit the information electronically in PDF format by 16 July 2018 to the Procuring Contracting Officer, Ms. Kenyatta Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org , and the Contracting Officer, Mr. Rudy Mehu at email@example.com .
|Jun 15, 2018||[Sources Sought] Eastern Western Operational Communications Services (EWOCS)|
|Jul 20, 2018||[Sources Sought] Eastern Western Operational Communications Services (EWOCS)|
|Sep 11, 2018||[Sources Sought] Eastern Western Operational Communications Services (EWOCS)|
With GovernmentContracts, you can:
Advertisement Detail Department of Corrections Invitation to Bid Towels and Washcloths Advertisement Number:
State Government of Florida
Bid Due: 9/27/2018
Opportunity History Complete View Original Synopsis Combined Synopsis/Solicitation Aug 21, 2018 11:44 am
Department of the Air Force
Bid Due: 9/21/2018
BID NUMBER: Y19-801 RFP BID DUE DATE: 9/25/2018 2:00PM CONTACT: Melo, Rolando BID
Bid Due: 9/25/2018
Advertisement Detail Department of Management Services Request for Proposal Re-Advertisement Exterior Repair and
State Government of Florida
Bid Due: 10/18/2018