Added: May 09, 2019 2:28 pm
Modified: Jun 05, 2019 6:42 pm
The White River National Forest has a requirement for installation of 5 concrete aprons (in front of existing or to be installed later this year ) ADA Accessible Vault Toilets in accordance with the abbreviated statement of work below. We estimate the value of this project to be less than $25,000.
The Government intends to utilize Simplified Acquisition Procedures to solicit and award a Firm Fixed Price purchase order to satisfy this requirement.
Basic Contracting Requirements:
1. Active registration - www.sam.gov
2. Invoicing and Payment - www.ipp.gov - 14 day prompt pay
3. FAR Part 36 - Construction Provisions and Clauses
4. FAR Part 13 - Simplified Acquisition Procedures
5. Davis-Bacon Act Wages for the applicable County - Pitkin and Eagle
6. Total Small Business Set-Aside for NAICS 238110 with a size standard of $15M
7. Award Basis - Low Price Technically Acceptable with a check of Past Peformance
Abbreviated Statement of Work:
C-1. Description of Work
The White River National Forest (WRNF) has been systematically replacing toilets throughout the Forest over the last decade using Sweet Smelling Toilet (SST) technology and the use of concrete pre-cast buildings with ABS lined concrete vaults. These pre-cast concrete buildings have inside dimensions and fixtures that make them compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, however the approach and landing area outside the toilet building must be constructed in a manner to meet ADA requirements. The WRNF has developed standards for these approach installations based on the level of use of the toilet facility. For high use areas the WRNF uses a poured concrete approach apron that is attached to the pre-cast concrete building. The size of the existing concrete apron that comes with the pre-cast building for a double toilet is approximately 2 feet wide by 14 feet long and five inches thick. The ADA requirements are for a 5 foot firm, stable, level surface in front of doorways. The work for this project consists of the construction of concrete approach aprons for five new precast toilet buildings. Two of the new toilet buildings were installed last fall and need to have the concrete approach aprons constructed in June 2019 or as soon as possible. The other three toilet buildings will be installed in late summer 2019 and weather permitting the aprons will be installed in fall 2019. The construction of the approach aprons involves minor excavating earthwork, placement of bedding material, placement of rebar reinforcement including doweling into existing concrete approach and placement and finishing of concrete.
C- 2 Project Locations
Sping 2019- Maroon Bells Recreation Area which is located at the end of Maroon Creek Road. This road intersects Colorady Hwy 82 just West of Aspen. There are two locations in this area, the first is Silver Queen Campground which is about 7 miles from the roundabout intersection of Maroon Ck Rd and CO Hwy82 and the second site, the East Maroon Portal DayUse/Trailhead is another 0.5 miles up the road from Silver Queen Campground.
Fall 2019 - two more locations in the Maroon Bells Recreation Area and one location in the Gold Park Campground. The Gold Park Campground is located approximately 19 miles from the town of Minturn, Colorado. Follow Hwy 24 south approximately 12.4 miles and turn west onto Forest Road 703, which is a gravel road. Travel approximately 6.8 miles to the campground. The Maroon Bells Recreation Area is located at the end of Maroon Creek Road. This road intersects Colorado Hwy 82 just West of Aspen. There are two locations in this area, the first is Silver Bar Campground which is about 5 miles from the roundabout intersection of Maroon Ck Rd and CO Hwy 82 next to the Welcome Station and the second site, the West Maroon Portal Trailhead is another 4.5 miles up the road.
If you are interested in bidding on this project, please follow these instructions:
Instructions to Offerors
1. Fill out the return form, with your prices, signature and DUNS number.
2. Include a capabilities narrative of your businesss along with at least 3 recent references concerning your work on projects similar in scope. Should be no more than one or two pages. Nothing fancy required, just enough so I can be sure of who I am hiring.
3. Email the above to the POC no later than the deadline.
4. If you can't meet the install dates espcially for the first line, please say so on your retrun form and lets us know what dates you can get it done. We will consider it in our selection process.
Added: Jun 21, 2019 12:41 pm
Awarded on LPTA basis.