Contract Opportunity Type: Presolicitation (Original)
All Dates/Times are: (UTC-07:00) PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, LOS ANGELES, USA
Original Published Date: May 11, 2022 02:03 pm PDT
Original Response Date: May 17, 2022 11:59 pm PDT
Inactive Policy: Manual
Original Inactive Date:
Aug 16, 2022
THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
THE SUBMISSION OF PRICING, CAPABILITIES FOR PLANNING PURPOSES, AND OTHER MARKET INFORMATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND ALLOWED UNDER THIS RFI IN ACCORDANCE WITH (IAW) FAR 15.201(e).
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. IAW FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
SOURCES SOUGHT DESCRIPTION
This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a sources sought synopsis only. The purpose of this synopsis is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification relative to NAICS 334510 (size standard of 1,250 Employees). Responses to this synopsis will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought synopsis, a solicitation announcement may be published. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses for a solicitation announcement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), NCO 21 Network Contracting Office, is seeking sources that can provide Hemodialysis Machines for the VA Palo Alto Healthcare System:
The FAR Clause 52.211-6 Brand Name or Equal applies to this RFI. Any items stated as equal not confirming to the requirements will be considered non- responsive.
Rotating Monitor with COVID isolation, this feature allows for the RN to monitor the patient from outside the room, decreasing the risk of contamination.
Icon Driven Interface
Bicarbonate, Heparin and Dialysate flow profiling to allow for personalization of treatment, address patients specific needs.
Auto ON to save on staff time in the morning, as the machines are ready to be primed
Integrated Concentrate Wands
Automated Dialyzer Rinsing Program allow the lines to be lighter at the time of disposal, saving on hazard weight charges for the VA.
Automatic self-test with creation of real alarm conditions
KT/V Dialysis Dose to continue monitoring throughout the treatment allowing staff to know if there is any need for adjusting the treatment orders
Disinfection by Citric Thermal Disinfection.
Disinfectant stays on the original container for no need to take the disinfectant fluid into small containers to clean machine, decreasing personal exposure to chemicals
Disinfection process must not require the use of bleach.
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications.
If you are interested and are capable of providing the sought-out supplies/services, please provide the requested information as well as the information indicated below. Response to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions:
(1) Is your business a: Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), HUBZone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.?
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer or a distributor of the items being researched above?
(4) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above, do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way?
(5) If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(6) Does your company have FSS GSA/NASA SEWP/NAC or any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract number.
(7) If you are an FSS GSA/NASA SEWP/NAC or federal contract holder, are the items you are providing information for available on your schedule/contract?
(8) Please submit your capabilities in regard to the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes?
(9) Identify any other companies owned (wholly or in-part) by the owners of this business who provide goods or services that are registered under the same or a related NAICS code with the Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE); Provide the certification type (SDVOSB/VOSB), Federal Identification Number, and state of incorporation for each.
(10) Do you plan on responding to a solicitation for this requirement with a Joint Venture utilizing multiple owned companies as majority or non-majority owner?
(11) Yes ___No ___ If yes, please identify which companies are considering a Joint Venture and the ownership of each company.
*** Submissions addressing Section (8) should show clear, compelling and convincing*** evidence that all equal to items" meet all the salient characteristics.
Responses to this notice shall be submitted via email to Mohammed.Hussain2@va.gov Telephone responses shall not be accepted. Responses must be received no later than 23:59 PST. May 17, 2022. If a solicitation is issued it shall be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this source sought. Responses to this sources sought notice are not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation. Please reference 36C26122Q0597. If possible, please provide unofficial pricing.
Notice: No remanufactures or gray market items/ supplies will be acceptable. Interested parties of RFI must be an authorized reseller, distributor, or dealer of the O.E.M. (Original Equipment Manufacturer). Verification can be provided by an authorization letter or other documents from the OEM. Equipment shall be in accordance with the OEM terms and conditions.
Contracting Office Address
10535 HOSPITAL WAY
MATHER , CA 95655
Secondary Point of Contact
May 11, 2022 02:03 pm PDTPresolicitation (Original)