|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted:||Jun 8, 2021|
|Due:||Jun 22, 2021|
|Publication URL:||To access bid details, please log in.|
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE IS FOR MARKET RESEARCH AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT TO AWARD A CONTRACT FROM RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY INTERESTED PARTIES IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY AND NO MONETARY COMPENSATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR RESPONSE PREPARATION. PLEASE INCLUDE CAGE CODE WHEN REQUESTING ACCESS TO CONTROLLED INFORMATION.
This is a sources sought announcement in accordance with FAR 15.201 and in anticipation of a potential future procurement program. The Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), Washington DC, is conducting market research and seeking information from potential sources able to provide engineering and technical services to support the U.S. Navy’s non-nuclear surface combatant ship maintenance and modernization advanced planning requirements for Specification Development & Availability Execution Support (SDAES).
The results of this Sources Sought will be utilized to determine whether any Small Business set-aside opportunities exist. All Small Business set-aside categories will be considered. In accordance with FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting, Small Businesses concerns are reminded that in the performance of contracts awarded under small business set-aside procedures, at least 50 percent of the cost of contract performance incurred for personnel shall be expended for employees of the concern.
The NAVSEA Surface Warfare Directorate, SEA 21, is responsible for life-cycle management for all non-nuclear surface ship classes of the US Navy including Surface Combatant Warfare Class Ships. In-service life cycle support of these ships comprises: integrated planning, programming, and execution of the maintenance and fleet modernization program, including the provision of all technical and logistics support required to maintain, modernize, and improve performance of these ships.
The specific engineering and technical requirements that are covered under this Sources Sought notice include, but are not limited to: Availability Planning Support, Availability Execution Support, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Availability Assessment Execution, Special Projects, Long Lead Time Material (LLTM) Planning Support, and LLTM Inventory Support. A draft Statement of Work (SOW) with specific details of the tasks and requirements anticipated for the contract is provided as an attachment to this notice.
This requirement is currently being satisfied in part under the national SDAES contract listed below:
Specification Development & Availability Execution Support
QED Systems, Inc.
The Government is contemplating procuring this effort utilizing a Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) Level of Effort (LOE) type contract, with a contract duration of one (1) 12-month base year and four (4) 12-month option years. However, the Government is seeking industry input for the best acquisition approach to allow for a 5 year contract.
CAPABILITIES AND CAPACITY STATEMENT
Interested parties shall submit a comprehensive Capabilities and Capacity statement that describes the firm’s capabilities and capacity to meet the Government’s requirements including the following:
(1) Positive statement of intent to bid as a prime contractor for the requirement.
(2) An outline of resources available to accomplish the proposed contract. Submittals must clearly distinguish in-house resources from sub-contracted resources and include the following areas:
(3) Does your company have adequate financial resources to perform the contract, or the ability to obtain them? As part of your answer to this question, please answer the following sub-questions.
(4) Program Management: Program Management and Administration Support to ensure effective cost, schedule, and technical performance is essential to meeting the requirement for delivery of 3PP products. Describe your company’s program management approach including performing the following activities:
(5) Past Performance: Provide relevant past performance information including previous contracts performed in the last five (5) years. The information provided for each named contract shall include: type of project, total planning items per year, dollar value, location, Point of Contact (including name, title, phone number and email address), section(s) of the Performance Work Statement that corresponds to the past performance information provided. If the work was accomplished as a prime contractor, please indicate the percentage of work, if any that was subcontracted. If the work was performed as a subcontractor, indicate the percentage and dollar value of the work performed. If the interested party has no relevant experience on U.S. Navy Surface Fleet Vessels, projects on other Government vessels and private industry projects may be submitted. If the past performance information submitted is for effort other than that provided in support of U.S. Naval Surface Fleet Vessels, explain (no more than 1-page in length) how that experience will enable the firm to successfully meet the requirements of the contemplated contract(s).
(6) If an interested party is contemplating being part of a joint venture, state names of the joint venture members and their business size and describe the intended roles and responsibilities of each member as it relates to the Performance Work Statement.
(7) State the firm’s current clearance level, if any, for facilities and personnel.
(8) Accounting Methodology: Sound financial tools and practices such as a certified accounting system, approved purchasing system, and Disclosure Statement are required to provide proper billing to the Navy. In addition, the accounting system would be used to manage the business with vendors as required. While it is important to have an integrated schedule, it is equally important to have cost controls in place. The contractor will submit timely invoices/vouchers to the Navy by Contract Line Item (CLIN), Contract Subline Item (SLIN), and Accounting Classification Reference Number (ACRN) level. Cost of performance shall be segregated, accumulated, and invoiced to the appropriate ACRN categories. What certified accounting system and other best practice accounting methodology does your company currently use?
The Government is not requesting interested parties to provide brochures and/or generalized sales-pitch language. Capability and Capacity information shall be specific (quantified as appropriate) and not theoretical in nature to the greatest extent practicable. For instance, a notification of intent to partner with numerous firms to acquire appropriate resources should be supported with formal agreements and/or letters of intent as well as a provision of projects where the parties have successfully teamed together in the past.
SUBMISSION DETAILS: Responses to this notice should not exceed twenty (20) single-sided (Times New Roman, minimum 12 font) pages and should include a cover letter (not counted towards the 20-page limit) with the following information: (1) Business name, address, CAGE code and DUNS number; and Point of Contact including name, phone number and email address responsible for submission; (2) Company size (Small or Large), in accordance with the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 541330, size standard is $38.5M; (3) if a Small Business, specify if your company is any of the following: (a) Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB); (b) HUBZone Small Business; (c) 8(a) Small Business concern; (d) Woman-Owned Small Business; or (e) Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business.
Submissions shall be in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (5MB limit) and shall be sent electronically to: Lisa Carll, Contracting Officer, at email@example.com, Danielle Wright, Contract Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Vincenzo Bianco, Contract Specialist, at email@example.com. An email acknowledging receipt will be sent within 1 business day to each individual submission. The deadline to submit responses is 1500 (EST) on Tuesday, 22 June, 2021.
|Mar 20, 2021||[Special Notice (Original)] Specification Development & Availability Execution Support (SDAES) Industry Day|
|Apr 27, 2021||[Special Notice (Updated)] Specification Development & Availability Execution Support (SDAES) Industry Day|
|Jun 7, 2021||[Sources Sought (Updated)] Specification Development & Availability Execution Support (SDAES) Sources Sought|
|Jun 9, 2021||[Sources Sought (Updated)] Specification Development & Availability Execution Support (SDAES) Sources Sought|
|Jun 11, 2021||[Sources Sought (Updated)] Specification Development & Availability Execution Support (SDAES) Sources Sought|
With GovernmentContracts, you can:
RFI RFI 003-1 Alexancria City Vendor Open House Status: Open Time Left:865 days
State Government of Virginia
Bid Due: 4/30/2022
Bid Number: RFP 1019-16-HC Bid Title: Hobby Classes Category: Open Solicitations Status: Open
City of Falls Church
Bid Due: 11/30/2021
Bid Number: 20-3240-SS096A Bid Title: CYANOKIT injections Category: Sole Source Status: Open Description:
Bid Due: 5/14/2025
2020 Army Geospatial Center Broad Agency Announcement Active Contract Opportunity Notice ID W5J9CQ-20-R-0008
DEPT OF DEFENSE
Bid Due: 6/17/2021