MARIN COUNTY DEPARTMENT Of PUBLIC WORKS
SAN RAFAEL, CALIFORNIA
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
INVITING SEALED PROPOSALS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed Proposals will be received by the Department
of Public Works, County of Marin, Administration Building, Marin County Civic
Center, 3501 Civic Center Drive, Room 304, San Rafael, California 94903, until
Thursday, May 10, 2018, at 4:00 pm for: FAIRFAX LIBRARY PARKING LOT
AND PATH OF TRAVEL IMPROVEMENTS, Project No. CAP 18-5402, for which
an "A" or "C8" License will be required.
Project Description: Scope of work includes construction of two (2) accessible parking
spaces, expansion of the parking lot to accommodate three additional standard parking
spaces, reconstruction of portions of concrete sidewalks and curb ramps, and misc.
Pre-Bid Site Walk: A pre-bid site walk will be held on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 2:00
pm at the Fairfax Library, located at 2097 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard, Fairfax CA.
2. The Engineer’s estimated cost for the accomplishment of this work is in excess of
3. The work shall be performed in accordance with official Drawings, Specifications, and
other Contract Documents prepared in reference thereto which may be examined at the
Department of Public Works, 3501 Civic Center Dr., Room 404, Marin County Civic
Center Administration Building, San Rafael, California.
4. Copies of the Project Drawings, Specifications and other Bid Documents may be
acquired by prospective Bidders at The Marin County Department of Public Works upon
payment of $25.00 per set (cash, or check made payable to the County of Marin) to cover
the cost of printing and processing, which payment is NON-REFUNDABLE, and the
documents need not be returned. There will be a $12.00 service fee for returned checks.
Mailed requests should be addressed to the Marin County Department of Public Works,
County of Marin, Attention: Capital Projects Division, P.O. Box 4186, Civic Center
Branch, San Rafael, California 94913-4186.
5. For detailed information regarding the scope of the Project, Bidders may contact the
Capital Projects Division of the Marin County Department of Public Works; telephone
6. A contractor or subcontractor shall not be qualified to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal,
subject to the requirements of Section 4104 of the Public Contract Code, or engage in the
performance of any contract for public work, as defined in this chapter, unless currently
registered and qualified to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5 of the Labor
Code. It is not a violation of this section for an unregistered contractor to submit a bid
that is authorized by Section 7029.1 of the Business and Professions Code or by Section
10164 or 20103.5 of the Public Contract Code, provided the contractor is registered to
perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5 of the Labor Code at the time the
contract is awarded. This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement
by the Department of Industrial Relations.
7. All Bids must be submitted on the Proposal Form bound in the Project Manual, or a copy
thereof, and must be accompanied with a Proposal Guaranty of at least 10% of the
amount of the Base bid.
8. Sealed Proposals will be received until the time and in the place stated above, and shortly
thereafter will be publicly opened and read aloud in Room 404, Administration
Building, Marin County Civic Center.
9. The award of the Contract, if it be awarded, will be to the lowest responsible Bidder
whose Proposal complies with the prescribed requirements, and will be made within
thirty (30) calendar days after the bid opening. The Director of Public Works reserves the
right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularity in any bid received.
10. Pursuant to Section 1773 of the Labor Code, the general prevailing wage rates for Marin
County where the work is to be done have been determined by the Director of the
California Department of Industrial Relations. These wages are set forth in the General
Prevailing Wage Rates for this project, available at the Department of Public Works, and
are also available at the State of California Division of Labor Statistics and research web
site at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR/PWD/index.htm.
11. The County of Marin, and its Contractors and/or Subcontractors will not discriminate
against any individual based on race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age or disability.
Department of Public Works
County of Marin