PHDC Executive Coaching Solicitation
Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (“PHDC”), on behalf of the City of Philadelphia’s (“City”) Department of
Planning and Development (“DPD”), is seeking a qualified consultant (each, an “Applicant”, and together, the
“Applicants”) to support six senior and middle level staff members as they transition to either expanded leadership
positions or on board into the Department’s structure processes and culture.
DPD coordinates the City’s planning, zoning, preservation, and housing functions to promote the economic health of all
neighborhoods and the City. DPD includes the Divisions of Housing and Community Development (“DHCD”); Planning
and Zoning (“DPZ”); and Development Services (“DS”). DPD also contracts with the PHDC, the Philadelphia Land Bank
(“PLB”) and the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority (“PRA”) to deliver housing services to residents and to support
economic development activities.
The selected Applicant will work directly with our Executive Leadership Team and DPD’s Deputy for Human Resources.
The workplan should allow for check in meetings with senior leadership at the launch. The Applicant must be available
to start in July 2022.
We are looking for a consulting firm or team that can:
• Work with the five individuals on both an individual and team basis
• Assist individuals with establishing achievable goals in line with the overall Department and Divisional goals.
• Assist in the transition from a supervisory to upper-level management role.
• Assist in working through any issues around understanding the communication processes and culture of the
Department and/or Division.
• Available to support staff for six months- minimum of 12 sessions.
• Must provide diverse coaching resources. Diversity may include race, gender, age, and experience.
• Both In person and virtual services available.
• Experience working with public sector clients preferred.
Proposal Submission Requirements:
Organization & Personnel Qualifications: Applicant’s proposal must identify the Applicant’s qualifications by education
level, skill set (described in detail), experience level, and job title. Resumes of all personnel so identified should be
included in Applicant’s proposal. Experience with “like” projects should be cited.
Scope of Work Description: The scope of work proposed by Applicant should include a general project schedule that
identifies estimated time for all tasks, activities, deliverables, and milestones. The proposal should state the number of
days following PHDC’s authorization to proceed by which it will be ready to start the work, including any mobilization
Cost Proposal: Applicant must provide a detailed cost proposal, which must include 1) a line-item breakdown of the
costs for specific services and work products proposed, and 2) a statement of staff hourly rates. The proposed price
must include all costs that will be charged to PHDC for the services and tangible work products the Applicant proposes
to perform and deliver to complete the project. Any contract resulting from this solicitation will provide for a not-to-
exceed amount in the compensation section of the contract.
References: Include contact information for a minimum of two (2) references who can speak to the Applicant’s
experience with similar types of work as that described in this solicitation.
MBE/WBE/DBE: DPD seeks to promote opportunities for disadvantaged business. For all contracting efforts, each prime
shall use its good faith and nondiscriminatory efforts to provide joint venture partnerships, sub-consulting and
subcontracting opportunities for minority, women, disabled, and/or disadvantaged business enterprises (collectively,
“M/W/DSBE”) registered in the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Economic Opportunity (“OEO”) and/or any agency that
the City recognizes as having bona fide certifying program. The Department’s OEO goal is 35% for all contracting
Deadline for Submission: Proposals submitted in response to this solicitation must be emailed as a single .pdf by 5:00 pm
5/26/22, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If proposals are too large for submission by email, Applicants can provide an
alternative means but this must be requested and tested prior to submission date.
Proposal Review and Selection Process: It is expected that proposals will be reviewed, if interviews are warranted these
will be held on either 6/1/22 or 6/2/22 at a mutually agreeable time. The successful Applicant will be chosen based on a
demonstration of knowledge, experience, ability, and capacity to perform the work effectively. The term of the contract
between PHDC and the selected Applicant will be one (1) year, which may be extended at the sole discretion of PHDC.
Declarations and Other Information
Attachment A: Tax Clearance and Conflict of Interest Form
Applicants, upon request of the PHDC, must provide evidence satisfactory to PHDC that all municipal taxes, including
business taxes, real estate, school, water and sewer charges, if applicable, are current for both the individual Applicant
and the Applicant’s firm and neither is currently indebted to the City; will at any time during the term of the agreement
be indebted to the City, for or on account of any delinquent taxes, liens, judgments, fees or other debts for which no
written agreement or payment plan satisfactory to the City has been established. Please complete the Philadelphia Tax
Status Certification and Conflict of Interest form (Attachment A) and submit it with your proposal.
Attachment B: Campaign Contribution Disclosure Forms
Please complete the applicable disclosure forms (Attachment B) and submit with your proposal.
Attachment C: Insurance Requirements
Please submit a certificate of insurance evidencing the required coverages as outlined in (Attachment C) with your
proposal. If, for any reason, you cannot comply with the insurance requirements, please provide the reasons for your
inability to do so in your proposal and PHDC will consider any deviations from the insurance requirements on a case-by-
By submitting a proposal in response to this solicitation, an Applicant affirmatively acknowledges: (i) its acceptance of
the terms and conditions of this solicitation; (ii) PHDC may exercise in its sole discretion the following rights; and (iii)
PHDC may exercise the following rights at any time and without notice to any Applicant:
• to reject any and all proposals;
• to supplement, amend, substitute, modify or re-issue the solicitation with terms and conditions materially
different from those set forth here;
• to cancel this solicitation with or without issuing another solicitation;
• to extend the time period for responding to this solicitation;
• to solicit new proposals;
• to conduct personal interviews with any Applicant to assess compliance with the selection criteria;
• to request additional material, clarification, confirmation or modification of any information in any and all
• to negotiate any aspect of a proposal, including price;
• to terminate negotiations regarding any and all proposals at any time;
• to expressly waive any defect or technicality in any proposal;
• to rescind a selection prior to agreement execution if PHDC determines that the proposal does not conform to
the specifications of this solicitation;
• to rescind a selection prior to agreement execution if PHDC determines that the specifications contained in this
solicitation are not in conformity with law or that the process in selection of a proposal was not in conformity
with law or with PHDC’s legal obligations;
• in the event a contract is awarded, the successful Applicant shall procure and maintain during the life of the
contract liability insurance in an amount to be determined prior to the award of any agreement;
• in the event an agreement is awarded, Applicant agrees to perform its services as an independent contractor
and not as an employee or agent of PHDC;
• in the event an agreement is awarded, all Applicants agree that no portion of performance of the agreement
shall be subcontracted without the prior written approval of PHDC; and
• each Applicant agrees to indemnify, protect and hold harmless PHDC and the City from any and all losses,
injuries, expenses, demands and claims against PHDC or the City sustained or alleged to have been sustained in
connection with or resulting from (i) the submission of the Applicant’s proposal; (ii) the delivery by the Applicant
to PHDC of any other documents or information; and (iii) any other conduct undertaken by the Applicant in
furtherance of or in relation to the Applicant’s proposal. Each Applicant agrees that its duty to indemnify and
hold harmless shall not be limited to the terms of any liability insurance, if any, required under this solicitation
or subsequent agreement.
Neither PHDC nor the City is under any obligation whatsoever to any Applicant as a result of this solicitation. This
solicitation does not represent any commitment on the part of PHDC and/or the City to any Applicant. In no event shall
PHDC and/or the City be responsible for any cost, expense or fee incurred by or on behalf of any Applicant in connection
with this solicitation. Applicants shall be solely responsible for all such costs, expenses, and fees.
NOTICE: Any information provided in your response to this solicitation may be subject to disclosure to the public.
Documents provided in response to this solicitation may also be required to be disclosed by applicable law, subpoena,
and/or court order.